My Case is Merely a 'He Said/She Said'. Can I Still Be Charged Even if It's My Boyfriend or Girlfriend?

A common mistake that many people is in a he said/she said situation that, "How can I be convicted of a crime if the other person is not willing to testify against me, such as a boyfriend or girlfriend?" Well, the police and the prosecution can still go after that person in those situations because they can force that person to testify via subpoena against them. If they don't respond to that subpoena, then they can be held in contempt, and that's how he said/she said cases are able to go forward even though it may be your significant other.

Contact Us for a free initial consultation
Contact Us (727) 528-1859 - (813) 277-0800